Beluga Caviar with Potatoes Recipe
- 1.5 ounces beluga caviar
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1/2 tablespoon chives (and more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and ground pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Boil until tender.
2. Cut tops off potatoes when cool. Scoop out flesh and set aside. The potato shell should be ¼ inch thick.
3. Slice off bottom of each potato to make it stand upright. Place potatoes on baking sheet and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and add butter so it melts.
5. Take the potato flesh and push it through a ricer or sieve. Add milk and stir until creamy. Add crème fraiche, salt and pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon of chives.
6. Fill the mixture into the scooped out potato shells.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and brush with melted butter. Continue baking for another 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and top with about 1/4 teaspoon of BELUGA caviar each and chives to garnish.
9. Serve this Beluga caviar recipe as an appetizer or side dish...enjoy it!